1. Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we collect the following types of Information:
a. Personal Data
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, payment information or email address. In the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Personal Data includes an identification number, location information, and/or an online identifier.
b. Non-Personal Data
Non-Personal Data does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to the pages or features of the Site you browse, the time spent on those pages or features, and the frequency with which the Site is used by you. We use automated information collection tools [such as cookies and web beacons] to collect certain types of Non-Personal Data. You can set your browser to reject cookies, but that may limit your use of some convenience features on the Sites.
You may be given the option to receive push notifications while using our Services. In order to serve push notifications, we may need to collect your IP address and a persistent identifier from your device. You can turn off push notifications in your device settings.
Personal Data and Non-Personal Data are collectively referenced as “Data.”
2. Use of Information for Legitimate Interests
We use Data collected by clickstream information collection, web pixels, and cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve the our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Site.
- to respond to your requests and provide user support
- to evaluate and improve the content of our Services
- to customize the Services to your preferences
- to establish accounts to use the Services
- to communicate information and promotional materials to you (where you have not expressed a preference otherwise)
- to check on your account status and maintain record of activities in connection with your use of the Site
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies
- to enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies
- to prevent or investigate fraud (or for risk management purposes)
- to comply with legal obligations, a court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims or to defend against legal claims
- to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performances of our Services
- to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials
- to respond to your requests
- to provide you with services you have requested
- to fulfill your subscription purchase(s)
- to notify you of contest or sweepstakes results
- to send e-mail and postal mail supplying the most recent service information or to send you information about an order (e.g., order confirmations, shipment notifications, etc.)
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies
Consent. If you are a citizen of the EEA whose Personal Data we have collected (a “Data Subject”) and we have obtained your consent, we may also use your Data in the following ways; and, if you are a citizen of any other jurisdiction, you acknowledge that we may use your information in the following ways:
- Share with corporate parents, subsidiaries, other affiliated entities, and associated entities.
- To send e-mail, text messages and/or postal mail to provide you with updates and news.
- To process any request you make.
- To process the commercial transaction for which you provided information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
3. How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We may share Personal Data with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information. We have enabled Google Analytics to collect information about our traffic through the use of Google advertisements and other anonymous identifiers. We use Google Analytics cookies and other cookies to compile information to better understand users and provide users with a more tailored experience. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add-on website here.
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence
- Pursuant to your express consent
4. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Data that you provide to us, including: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), encrypted connections (HTPPS) and industry-standard firewalls.
It is common knowledge that transmission of information via the internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data, or any other information, transmitted to or through any of our Service(s). Any transmission of Personal Data, or other information, is at your own risk. By using our Service(s), you acknowledge and accept these risks. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us or that are otherwise provided to us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Service(s). Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at email@example.com . If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
5. Rights to Your Personal Data
You may change, edit, update, or delete the information that you provided when you set up your account through our Service(s) through your account settings. You may also request the deletion of this information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you reside in certain jurisdictions, such as the EEA, you may have additional rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating your Personal Data, as well as how we use and disclose your Personal Data.
As a Data Subject, you have the right to request access to your Personal Data as it exists in our records by logging into the account you have created for yourself in Services account or e-mailing us at email@example.com . You also have the right to rectification, correction, or amendment of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also have the right to erasure of your Personal Data; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and exceptions may apply.
A Data Subject may have the right to object to the processing of his or her Personal Data, for example, due to his or her particular situation, for direct marketing uses, or for scientific or historical research. In certain circumstances, Data Subjects may have the right to obtain a restriction on our processing of their Personal Data, in which case such Personal Data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the Data Subject’s consent or in circumstances such as our exercise or defense of legal claims or the protection of another person. Data Subjects may also have the right to request that we provide data portability for their Personal Data via a copy of the data in a commonly-used format and/or transfer their Personal Data directly to another data controller (where technically feasible). Exceptions to these rights may apply, for example, if the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest. Finally, if a Data Subject has given his or her consent to our processing of his or her Personal Data for certain purposes, he or she has the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information below.
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here.
6. Information Retention
7. Geographic Data Transfers
In some instances, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA. In all cases, we take steps to ensure that transfers of such Personal Data are performed in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests. Transfers are limited to countries that are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights. Therefore, where we transfer your Personal Data outside our corporate affiliates or to third parties who help provide our products and services, we obtain contractual commitments to protect your Personal Data under Data Protection Agreements and pursuant to Standard Contractual Clauses. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes or such as the EU – US Privacy Shield for the protection of Personal Data transferred from within the EU to the United States. Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before disclosing any Personal Data.
8. Data Protection Officer
If you have an inquiry regarding your Personal Data, pursuant to the rights listed in the preceding section (above), please send your message to the following: Data Protection Officer
8127 Mesa Drive
Suite B206, PMB 155
Austin, Texas 78759
9. Links to Third Party Sites
10. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Data without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
13. How to Contact Us
By e-mail: email@example.com
By telephone: 800-627-1077
By regular mail:
8127 Mesa Drive
Suite B206, PMB 155
Austin, TX 78759